THE NUGGET SPOTTER

Are YOU one???

Monday, June 14, 2010

NuGGET of the WEEK...(6)

Oh my, Robert Green. As much as I loved the outcome of the United States vs England World Cup fixture, I sincerely enjoyed the way you screwed up in front of your whole country. Now mind you, this is not a country that takes soccer mistakes lightly. You are literally now the most hated man in all of England and probably all of Great Britain. In fact, I hear the Queen still screaming at her television.

You have done well for your country and proved you were the number one goalkeeper but wow did you mess up. This was a below average shot that you simply booted. To be fair though Rob, you did get your hand on a blistering shot later in the game that could have given the States the win but I promise your country will not remember that and only remember your blunder.

No one in the world would be surprised if you did not start in your next match and rightfully so. There is nothing worse in English "football" than to lose or draw against the USA. So being an American, I believe I speak for all Americans when I say, "Thanks, lad!" I hope your countrymen do not ex-communicate you but I couldn't blame them. Hey, if that happens I am sure Whales would love your services.

With that being said you are this weeks NUGGET of the WEEK and if I were English you would be NUGGET of the YEAR. Good work.

2 comments:

  1. couldn't agree more! perfect nugget of the week and i'm glad it came against the US!! what if somehow England doesn't make it out of group play? i don't know if he would be able to return to the UK haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. glad to see nuggetspotter is back for its faithful fans...

    ReplyDelete